The Carwin Properties Process
1. Review our Tenant Selection Criteria to know the standards we
use for vetting our residents. Also included here are our renter's
insurance requirements for any of our leases to be effective.
2. Fill out the Texas Association of Realtors lease application for
each resident over the age of 18 who will reside in the home and
email it to us along with a copy of the drivers license for each
applicant and three most recent pay stubs for each applicant who
wants their income to be considered for the gross income
requirement. Email your application to us: Click Here
3. Once the application is received, we will follow up with your
current landlord to verify your rental history.
4. After the landlord has provided your rental history and if it falls
within our acceptable criteria, we will then send you a link to
TransUnion Smart Move for you to complete a background and
credit check for each resident living in the house over the age of
18. The cost of this check is $35 per person and it is paid online,
directly to TransUnion.
5. When we receive the credit and background check and it meets
our acceptable criteria, we will then inform you of your
acceptance and send you a lease for your signature. Before the
lease can be effective, we will need the security deposit, the first
month's full rent and any prorated rent. The initial payments must
be made by a cashier's check or money order. We do not accept
cash payments. (Subsequent rent payments can be made with a
Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU ALLOW PETS?
We do allow pets. There is a maximum of two pets per property. We have a nonrefundable pet fee of $250 for pets under 35 pounds and $500 for pets over 35 pounds.